The Owosso Musicale Awards Competition
1. Student will perform one selection from the Baroque/Classical period and one selection from the Romantic/Contemporary period. This is mandatory for HS/College applicants. (JH/MS students may perform as above OR may perform 2 contrasting pieces.)
2. An accompanist must be used if the music so designates.
3. Memorization of both selections is required for Voice and Piano auditions. Instrumentalists must memorize one of their two pieces. (Or both, if you choose)
4. Performance time limit for Middle/Jr. High (Gr.6-8) and High School (Gr.9-12) auditions is 15 minutes.
5. Performance time limit for Undergraduate and beyond College auditions is 25 minutes.
6. Entrants must reside in Shiawassee County or must be taught in Shiawassee County.
7. A non-refundable $20 entry fee is required with the completed application. A $25 fee will be required for any application delivered after the deadline.
8. Award monies may only be used for the auditioned instrument.
9. Students must have 2 copies of music with all measures numbered for the judges. One copy MUST be an original; the second may be photocopied and will be destroyed following judging. (“fair use of copyright © law”)
10. A student may win only 3 times from the 6th to 11th grade.
11. A High School senior may audition for the graduating senior award in addition to the 3 times as listed above, if applicable. (#11)
11-a. A student may be awarded ONLY ONE award per year.
12. Any entrant may perform for comments only with the required fee, but is not eligible for an award.
13. The award winners are required to perform 1 or both pieces performed as in the audition in a recital on March 12, 2018 - 12:00 noon at Owosso Christ Episcopal Church. The winners may also be asked to play another time during the year, at their convenience.
14. Certificates will be presented during the March recital program. Parents and guests are invited to attend the noon reception and performance. Awards will be paid directly to the vendor or professional teacher upon presentation of a bill, invoice, or receipt to the club treasurer.