A Brief History
Former Dr. Leon Montague Award Recipients
80th Celebration at SAC - 2017
In 1933 the chorus members of the Owosso Women's Club decided to go on their own as the Owosso Musicale.
In 1936 they joined the National and Michigan Federation of Music Clubs.
The Owosso Musicale chorus has remained an integral part of the club performing at our meetings, entertaining at other club meets, at Nursing Homes and other places for the confined or partially confined and also at other public presentations.
We can look back on so many wonderful programs presented at meetings all these years of a great variety such as educational, inspirational or just for fun!
In the 1970's past member Freda Reakes left us a big endowment, enabling Owosso Musicale to establish a Music Award program for music students. This quickly became our biggest cause; to support and promote all music endeavors of our youth.
This led to many events and performances to raise funds for over $3000 distributed yearly to Owosso Musicale music award winners. Most notably was our "Holiday Home Tour" which drew crowds for many years. We also produced several one-hour musical dramas served up with dessert.